The Lazy Lamb is our beautiful wedding venue but also a great campsite which overlooks the dam and Hoedspruit’s famous mountains. The sunset views are exquisite and the vibe is rustic, warm and earthy.
ABOUT CAMPING AT THE LAZY LAMB
This venue can accommodate 6 - 8 x tents comfortably including roof top tents. It is not suited for caravans.
You are able to book individually but we have a base rate that allows you to book the entire camp even if just two people.
The base rate is for two adults at R900 per night and then R150 per person extra.
Kids 4-12yrs are R75 and kids 3yrs and under are free.
Two braai pits alongside the dam making the most of the views
• Shower with hot water geyser
• Two toilets and a urinal and wash basin - toilet paper is provided
• The main building has a large under cover area and includes a lovely kitchenette with a 5 plate gas stove.
• No fridge
• Bar area with stools provided
• Six 10 seater tables with chairs
• Small splash pool overlooking the dam
• There is electricity and decent cell phone reception
• Walking and Cycling allowed on the existing dirt roads around the farm.
• Fishing is available on a catch and release basis. We have barbel and tilapia. You are welcome to bring tubes or canoes to use on the dam but the dam is too small for any motorised boats.
• Hoedspruit with all of its many attractions is just 12 kilometres away such as Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, The Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre and Hoedspruit Reptile Centre, or you can venture a little further and explore the panorama route or even do day trips into Kruger.
• A minimum of two nights for camping
We have one spacious luxury family tent sleeping four people.
Available at Lazy Lamb Only
Family Tent @ R1 500 p/n including camping base rate.
It includes the following:
A Double Bed
Two Single Beds
(Bring your own towels)
Luxury Honeymoon Safari Tent included in your wedding package when you book your wedding at Lazy Lamb.
We have a vibrant bird life and an abundance of plains game, that includes eland, sable, giraffe, wildebeest, waterbuck, zebra, kudu, nyala and impalas.
Note that while there are no elephants, rhinos, buffalos or lions on the farm, there are leopards, hyenas and wild dogs that use the property.
Please don’t feed any animals or leave food lying around where monkeys, baboons or opportunistic scavengers can get it.
Treat all wildlife with respect at all times and maintain appropriate distance.
Use of the property is at your own risk.
No littering allowed – please ensure all rubbish is thrown away in the bins provided.
No quad bikes, motorbikes or motorised boats allowed.
No loud music allowed.
No pets allowed unless pre-arranged with the owner and must be on a leash.
No fires are to be made other than in the designated fire / braai pit. Firewood can be pre-ordered and paid for prior to arrival and delivered to the camp ready for your stay 25kg hardwood mix bags @ R100
We do not offer a cleaning service but there are washing up facilities at the camp.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THE CAMP
"Stayed over for my 10yr olds birthday camp out with friends at Lazy Lamb Venue. What an exceptional spot with beautiful views, great facilities and a nice dam for the boys to swim, canoe and fish. Toilets, showers, little kitchen area with gas stove, bar area and tables and chairs all under a stretch tent providing shade and cover from the rain. Peaceful and quiet. Perfect Venue for parties of all ages, year end functions, family and friends camping, weddings and events. Will definitely be back!"
- Kim Van Greunen -
"Camping Near Hoedspruit…not easy to find…We visited Bushwillow Creek in early April to camp at the Lazy Lamb. THs is a wedding venue, but placing our small camper at the edge of the lake was perfect. A Fish Eagle perched nearby, and watched us as we opened up the van. For a change there were no other people. There was no noise pollution. There was no light pollution (so difficult to escape this one). The fireflies flitting and dancing over the water reflects no air pollution either. And the starts, absolutely beautiful. The morning walk was filled with birdsong, with unusual sightings. The little plunge pool solved the heat of the summer. So, if you are like us and try to get away from our fading planet, this venue is for you. And Lisa made it all so pleasant."
- Mr Collins -